viernes, 22 de setiembre de 2006

STRESS

esterday I was in front of the computer working... it was late, and suddenly I felt like a pain in my belly, more like anguish, and I worried "what's going on?". Suddenly I felt the vertigo, my vision was blurred, and the next thing I remember is that I was laying on my side over the chair and my feet were kicking involuntarily. I lost consciousness, I don't know how long, but I fainted bad, and felt terribly cold after I woke up. My friend hurried my to the hospital, I went to emergency, my blood pressure was fine, and they took some blood samples to make some tests. I was still trembling, my face was icy and i was worried, very worried. a few minutes later the blood tests were ready. Nothing wrong there. Diagnostic: stress. The doctor said that it is very probable that its stress, but that I should check with a neurologist anyway. But I know... it is stress, fear, worries, tension.


Today I was surfing and i found this prayer, and i feel a bit better each time i read it or remember it.
The "Serenity Prayer" of theologian Rheinhold Niebuhr, adopted by Alcoholics Anonymous:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;

and the wisdom to know the difference-

living one day at a time;

enjoying one moment at a time;

accepting hardships as the pathway to peace.

No hay comentarios.:

Electric Vellum